Sunday, October 21, 2018

Why My Family Travels










When we went to Europe last summer, I can't tell you how many people were really surprised to hear that we were taking Alex and Matthew. Now I could understand if they were toddlers, but at 19 and 15 yrs old I was rather perplexed. At Alex's age I had already been to Europe multiple times and been on a few cruises to Alaska and Northern Europe. My husband had made yearly trips back to Poland, France and Sweden to visit relatives.

The ability to see places I have read about(history is a passion of mine) and my parents were always ready to incorporate something I wanted to see on a trip. Stopping at Monticello on the way to the Outer Banks was just one example. As I hit my teens, I was fully allowed to jump into planning. Hence why we ended up in Vienna, to see the capital of the Hapsburg Dynasty. And we happened to be able to take part in the 300th anniversary of coffee being introduced to the city, thus establishing the Viennese Coffee House culture which is still one of the activities that needs to be experienced when you visit.

The love of travel was one of the greatest gifts my parents gave me, but more important it was the experiences I had that have made me the person I am today. So that's why I take my sons. And besides spending quality family time together I found this article to give you some more great reason to take those kids to places other than a gated beach resort in Mexico or Disneyworld.


Let's make this the year you start showing your kids the world


No comments:

Post a Comment