Thursday, November 6, 2014

What's in your Baggie?

 
 
 
 
 

You are getting ready for that trip and you find all your 3oz bottles of foundation, hair products, face creams, lipsticks, mascara and eyeliner don't fit into that quart ziplock bag. And you still have toothpaste and other essentials to go in. Here is a picture of my baggie before a 10 day trip to Europe.
 
 
Here are some of my tips for getting there and not having to skimp on your beauty regime.
 
 
  1. Sample Size products- Target does have a great selection of your basics, but I save any sample size mascara, face cream, eye cream from Sephora or department store make up counter for travel.
  2.  Small jars for creams, Reuse small jars for creams or lotions & get a contact lens case for serums. I never unpack my baggie, before I go I just check to see if I have enough for the trip and refill as needed.
  3. If buying bottles make sure they are not hard plastic, that makes getting the product out difficult, look for soft plastic ones. You may find a cute travel kit, but check the bottles first.
  4. Depending on where I am going I bring my own shampoo & conditioner(travel size from my salon that I refill). Why? Some resorts/cruise ships hair products don't work well with my hair. When in doubt, I bring my own.
  5. To save space I use mineral based powder make up when I travel, that can go in your regular make up bag.
  6. DHC mild soap with the DHC soap case is my choice for facial cleansing. I use it at home and it doesn't need to go in your baggie. And that case is the bombs.
  7. Longer trip? Place back up supplies in my checked bag, you don't need your full allocation in your TSA baggie.
  8. Lip balm and eye drops- Air travel is dehydrating and it really shows in my eyes and lips. Drink plenty of water and reapply lip balm as needed.
 
By using these ideas and keeping your bag assembled, you can devote more time to what clothes to pack and more important what shoes to bring(but not too many). I have used sample size products for years, even before the 3oz rules, never saw the reason to bring full size product. The lighter your carry on tote the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment