Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our Special Destination

       I was just reading the latest issue of Conde Nast Traveler when they mentioned our favorite special destination.  Everyone who likes to travel has a favorite destination; someplace that is special to them, or maybe it just felt right.  It maybe a country,city, hotel, a resort, or a cabin on the lake: whatever it is we all enjoy and look forward to returning to our special destination.  For my family, that destination is a small four season resort in the heart of northern Michigan called Boyne Mountain.

       Boyne Mountain resort, located in the town of Boyne Falls Michigan, is not well known outside of the Midwest.  It was built as a ski resort, and we enjoy our ski weekends there as much as our "real" ski trip each year to Utah or Colorado.  During our spring breaks or summer vacations, each member of my family has an opinion of where  they would like to go: on a cruise, or to the beach, or on a trip to London.  But if you ask them if they want to go to Boyne, each of them will respond with a YES!!  For each of us the reason we love it is different.  For my boys, they love the variety of year round  activities; from snow boarding to zip lines, water sports on Deer Lake,  and an excellent indoor water park when the weather gets bad.  For my wife, the Foodie, its all the great and varied restaurants in Boyne City and around the region. As for me,  I love the vibe and scenery of an area that has  something for my entire family, and is within a few hours drive from our home.

       I think that a major benefit of traveling to different locations with your family is that it allows you the leisure to explore and discover your family's special destination.  Wherever it may be, I hope your family enjoys the journey to discover your special destination as much as my family has.  So get out; and EXPLORE!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment